Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Into the great unknown...

Hello, and welcome to my blog. This is a new thing for me, but I'm willing to try it for a while and see how it all works.


I've only put limited information about myself in my profile, but those who know me will know me and it'd be a little too easy to identify me if I speak too much about myself. Hopefully I'll be able to say enough to keep things interesting.

To kick things off and let people get some idea of at least how I think, let's start with a little bit of thought that came out when I was thinking about preaching lately. My supervisor kept telling me that I can only ever preach my own gospel, and this got me thinking. So here's the latest version of the gospel of Bunsen.

God loves us
God calls us
God renews and transform us
God has a future we are blessed to be able to participate and share in.
This is an awesome task;
we cannot do this on our own.
We can only do this through
  • the Father's unimaginable and immeasurable grace,
  • the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ,
  • and the power and gifting of the Holy Spirit.
In this there can be joy and hope with the humility that comes from the acceptance of our own brokenness.


It might not be much, it may not be theologically complete, but it (like me) is a work in progress.

No comments: